Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sylvir's P12: Going Downhill


   Going into Bleak Falls Barrow was the worst idea of my life. The original pages of my journal was torn and burned in fire. It is years later and I have decided to rewrite what happened after leaving Bleak Falls Barrow. Now, let me tell you what happened.


   I have to remember this all so bare with me. I remember opening the chest and finding a small amount of loot. I then proceeded to look around with... Jenassa and we found a staircase. It let to a little bit of a cave.


   The cave led to a secret way out of Bleak Falls Barrow. A lever raised a secret stone door and we proceeded to exit the strange place.


   The cave had a little shine at the end. I could see the exit but I remember that shrine quite well. I felt bad because this shine was probably to the undead warrior we fought. But after I payed my respects to whomever the shine was made for, I made my way outside.


   The outside world was absolutely beautiful when I left Bleak Balls Barrow. Maybe it was because I was stuck in the cave all day, or maybe it was just the natural beauty of Skyrim. I don't know anymore but I do know, I enjoyed that sunset.


   I vaguely remember finding a cabin. The cabin worried me because I never came across it before during my time living outside Riverwood. Me and Jenassa carefully approached the cabin.


   I remember an only lady lived in that cabin and it made me feel bad for her. The roof was leaky and she deserved to have a better home. But, Jenassa told me we should not bother her and make our way to Riverwood. After all, it was pretty close. But I told her we could at least wait here to see if the rain would disappear, it didn't.


   During this time, I ran into a fan of the Gourmet. He is a famous cook and I remember meeting later on, not that it matters. I just passed by and wished him luck with whatever he was doing.


   I think I remember something about the Dawnguard. I didn't trust them at the time and I remember I tried to avoid them. After all, they were strong enough to fight vampires. Somebody like that isn't good to make an enemy of.


   I remember being very angry when I entered the inn because the inn was closed. Orgnar told me I can lay my head on the table if I wanted and this angered me even more. I decided to head for Whiterun and get my rest after I return the Dragonstone. After all, I only sat down and needed some sleep.


   Heading to Whiterun, I remember the sun coming down and relaxing me. Every time I went between Whiterun and Riverwood, I swear the weather changed.


   I remember during the walk to Whiterun, I ran into a Dunmer that was going to join the Legion. This bothered me since we didn't have anything to do with the war but I kept moving with this annoying me.


   Nearing Whiterun was the first time I did a treasure hunt I believe. I remember it had to do with  a windmill and a mountain. I also had a lot of issues finding the treasure but I was determined to find it.


   The view from where the chest was, it was amazing. I hated climbing that mountain since the loot wasn't that good. But hey, not all treasures make you rich.


   When I returned to the palace, I found the wizard talking to somebody and showing him/her a book. It bothered me till I learned who this person was.


   I figured it out once the stranger talked, it was Delphine and she was the reason I didn't get a room in Riverwood. This seemed shady and I lost trust in her after this.


   She seemed to be worrying about the dragons coming back and I believe this confirmed my theory that more then one dragon has returned. She is dealing with the dragons, but why? That was my thoughts at this point.


   She seemed impressed that I went into Bleak Falls Barrow. I didn't care, I just wanted my pay for getting an ancient relic!


   But sleep and rest had to wait because a dragon was sighted. Looks like I need to talk to the Jarl about this so I followed her to talk to him.


   I remember laughing at the guard who ran away to tell the Jarl about the dragon attack. He was probably protecting his own hide so he abandoned his post. Good way to get out of work I must say.


   Then the Jarl told me he needed my help. I was a tired warrior that just escaped the clutches of Bleak Falls Barrow. This aggravated me but I had to do it. I asked for my pay at least and guess what...


   My reward for such a task was some wrist guards! This really pissed me off but I had gotten on the Jarl's good side. So now, I had to fight with an army against a dragon. Hooray...


   Oh but guess what, the "army" was me, Jesanna, and five guards. I guess if things get rough, I can escape and never return to Skyrim. That was my thoughts on this matter. So then, we headed to where the dragon was sighted.


   We found the tower and it looked like a mess. This sight is scarred in my brain at this point. I followed the guards to look for survivors.


   Reaching the tower, we we're warned to back away. The dragon was still nearby and this put a chill down my spine. I was hoping that it was far away by now and I wouldn't have to mess with it.


   But the dragon begun to fly towards us. With a shiver down my spine, I readied to fight the dragon with Jenassa by my side.


   The dragon flew overhead and I took my first shot. The dragon didn't seem to like the arrows much but even so, I had to fight it without fear. But fighting without fear, is impossible at this point.


   I got the first few hits and it wasn't happy about this. It landed right beside me and I ran away from it. It hit me with some fire magic but with the potions I saved up, I kept myself from hurting too bad.
   The guards we're dying left and right and Jensassa was lost in my sight. It was near the dragon when it landed but I didn't see her anywhere. But I knew she was stronger then me so I kept shooting at the dragon.


   After about half an hour of combat, the dragon was bloody and looked ready to fall. It must have used everything in it's arsenal. It dropped meteors on us, caught us on fire, tried to bite us, and even killed a guard with his tail. But, I kept my distance and took a few more shots.


   Finally, the dragon took an arrow and my final shot ended it's life. I smiled to this fact and the men cheered as I killed it. To become famous, I walked up to it and rose my arms to the guards. They knew I helped a ton in this fight. But after a moment, the dragon began to burn and it's bones were all that was left.


   I turned to find some more magic spinning around me but this time, I didn't feel like I learned anything. This time, I felt I was being empowered. After the magic left, a guard walked up to me with news that changed, everything.


   The guard called me the Dragonborn and apparently, the dragonborn is somebody that can slay dragons and take their power. They can use the magic of the dragons called shouts and now, I am a little freaked out. I was born with a unique magic within me? I hate magic! I tried to deny it but inside, I had a feeling it is true. For some reason, this didn't feel like old news, it felt like something new. So I didn't believe the Dragonborn news had anything to do with my past.
   Then, I decided to take a look at the battlefield and thank those who fell during battle. I was lost in thought about this Dragonborn thing and what to do with it.


   But then I found Jenassa, dead. You see, in Bleak Falls Barrow, she said she is starting to like me as well. She wanted to wait to see if our love would develop but now, she is dead. Tears fell from my eyes and a new feeling of hate grew within me.
   Jenassa was dead and it looks as if a guard killed her. If we had better soldiers, heck, even more soldiers, the Jarl could have avoided these loses. I took her sword and headed directly to the Whiterun without another word


   I met up with Jarl Balgruuf and he told me about the graybeards summoning me. Apparently when I found that "wall of power" they realized I was the Dragonborn. Along with what happened at the sight, Jarl Balgruuf was sure I was the one. He told me I should meet up with the graybeards and that it was my destiny. He said I shouldn't deny the summons since it's a great honor.


   He then proceeded to give me an Axe and say that my reward for killing the dragon was the rank of Thane. It was the highest rank he had power to give and I didn't really care. I told him about Jenassa losing her life and he understood what I wanted.


   He "realized" I wanted a replacement and assigned me Lydia as a personal Housecarl along with the Axe. This immediately pisses me off and I told him he was a lover. He then says he would compensate me for my loss and I said I wanted an apology. He doesn't apologize, he says it's my fault for getting her killed.


   Extremely angry, I turn around and walk away. I then pull out my bow and shoot the Jarl right in the chest. He falls on the ground and stands up very angry. He calls the guards to throw me in the prison to cool off my head and I turn my tail to run. I wasn't going to forgive him for what he could have avoided.


   The sight of everyone angry at you is scary. I knew I would die if the guards could help it even though the demand was for me to be thrown in jail.


   As I reached the gates, I nearly was dead. Luckily, once I exited the city, I jumped the wall and kept running. I took my potions and mostly healed my wounds. But, I had to fix them once I get back home to stop the bleeding.


   When I finally reached home, I healed my wounds and took off everything that wasn't needed. I knew I was a wanted man and I was hurting from losing Jenassa. This is when I threw everything from exiting Bleak Falls Barrow to this moment in the fire. I know I am not the best at writing a journal but, this is what happened that fateful day. Luckily, something good happens the following day. The next post will be back to normal in case I am reading this ever again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level 9 and here is the perk I chose.
Focus (3/5) You draw bows 20% faster and deal 20% more damage with any bow. Crossbows ignore 80% armor.

No comments:

Post a Comment